Hi, I’m Ashley! My passion is using marketing and public relations principles to talk about University of Nevada, Reno; its land-grant mission; and research-based horticulture information. My goal is to foster education and sustainability in Nevada communities.
I have over ten years of experience in higher education. My expertise includes event planning and management, developing and implementing marketing and communications plans, social media marketing, marketing-based writing, multi-media and web content creation, website design and maintenance using content management systems (CMS), project management, and media relations.
I am a three-time award-winner for email marketing.
Currently, I am an events and web presence manager with University of Nevada Cooperative Extension as well as a web and social media manager with the Nevada Landscape Association. I enjoy the opportunity to write and edit horticulture columns for the Reno Gazette-Journal through Cooperative Extension.
I study strategic communications as a graduate student with the Reynolds School of Journalism. I am an alumnus of the College of Business at University of Nevada, Reno. There, I studied business administration with an emphasis in marketing and graduated as the college’s most outstanding senior.
During my free time, I love to read, garden and spend time with my family. Check out this short video to learn more about me, what I do and why it matters.
Web and Social Media Manager • Nevada Landscape Association • September 2015 – Present
Events and Web Presence Manager • University of Nevada Cooperative Extension (UNCE) • August 2006 – Present
HONORS AND AWARDS
2015 All Star Award • Constant Contact • March 2016
Certificate of Appreciation – Staff Employees’ Council • President Marc Johnson, UNR • June 2015
2014 All Star Award • Constant Contact • February 2015
2013 All Star Award • Constant Contact • March 2014
Reno-Tahoe Young Professionals Network • March 2015 – Present
Founder/Administrator • Northern Nevada Marketing/PR Professionals (Facebook Group) • September 2014 – Present
Executive Board Member • Public Relations Coordinator • Web Site Committee Chair • UNR Staff Employees’ Council • August 2013 – August 2015
Image Enhancement and Communications Committee Member • UNCE • 2013 – Present
Washoe County Office Open House Committee Member • UNCE • 2010 – 2011
Diversity Committee Member • UNCE • 2010 – Present
Andrews, A. 2014. Social Media for Extension Professionals. April 8.
Our Town Reno Stories
- Andrews, A. 2016. Teaching How to Grow Healthy Food in Reno’s Food Desert. September 27.
- Andrews, A. 2016. Reno-Sparks Pagan Pride Day Fosters Community, Volunteerism. September 28.
Reno Gazette-Journal Articles
- Andrews, A. 2016. Uncover Holiday Houseplant Secrets with Botany. December 24.
- Andrews, A. 2016. School Gardens Grow Healthy, Active Students. December 17.
- Andrews, A. 2016. Winter Reading Grows Healthy Soils, Plants and Minds. December 10.
- Andrews, A. 2016. Fresh-Cut Christmas Trees Create Memories, Improve Forest Health. November 19.
- Andrews, A. 2016. Turn Golden Fall Leaves into Garden Gold with Composting. November 12.
- Andrews, A. 2016. Nevada Gardeners Tame Desert, Grow Beauty and Delight. October 8.
- Andrews, A. 2016. Experience Field Day. September 17.
- Andrews, A. 2016. Good Food Can Be Hard to Find. August 20.
- Andrews, A. 2016. Food Safety in the Edible Garden. August 13.
- Andrews, A. 2016. Plants Getting Sticky? June 8.
- Andrews, A. 2016. Grow Great Gardens and Luscious Landscapes in 2016. January 16.
- Andrews, A. 2015. Holiday Host Gifts. November 21.
- Andrews, A. 2015. Fall Lawn Care. October 10.
- Andrews, A. 2015. Gardens Grow Healthy Families, Communities. September 26.
- Andrews, A. 2015. Field Day: A Northern Nevada Tradition. September 19.
- Andrews, A. 2015. Grow Crops, Raise Fish with Aquaponics. August 29.
- Andrews, A. 2015. Save Water and Your Garden and Landscape. August 22.
- Andrews, A. and H. Kratsch. 2015. Native Plants Help Conserve Water. June 6.
- Andrews, A. 2015. Growing Flowers and Food during Drought. April 10.
- Andrews, A. 2015. Starting Seeds Indoors. April 4.
- Andrews, A. 2015. Bugs Don’t Bug Kids. March 21.
- Andrews, A. 2015. Peas for St. Patrick’s Day and Other Cool-Season Gardening Tips. March 14.
- Andrews, A. 2015. Gardening Around Children. March 7.
- Andrews, A. 2015. Get a Head Start on Garden and Landscaping. January 10.
- Andrews, A. 2014. Perfect Presents for Plant Lovers. December 13.
- Andrews, A. 2014. Overwintering Containerized Plants. December 6.
- Andrews, A. 2014. Grateful for School Gardens. November 29.
- Andrews, A. 2014. Bringing the Outdoors Indoors for Thanksgiving. November 22.
- Andrews, A. 2014. Master Gardeners Help Nevadans, You Can Too. November 1.
- Andrews, A. 2014. Tips for Turning Bulbs to Blooms. October 18.
- Andrews, A. 2014. (Re)discover Extension at Field Day 2014. September 13.
- Andrews, A. and L. Morrow. 2014. Donating the Harvest. August 16.
- Andrews, A. and L. Morrow. 2014. Food Safety in the Garden. August 9.
- Andrews, A. and J. Skelly. 2014. What is Firescaping? May 31.
- Mazet, W. and A. Andrews. 2014. 40 Years of Master Gardeners Helping Nevadans. May 24.
- Andrews, A. 2014. Buy Local, Grow Local. May 17.
- Mazet, W. and A. Andrews. 2014. Plant Cool-Season Crops Early for Payoff Later. March 15.
- Andrews, A. 2013. Gifts for Gardeners. December 14.
- Andrews, A. 2013. Selecting and Caring for Holiday Houseplants. December 7.
- Andrews, A. 2013. Holiday Gifts for Gardeners: a Master Gardener Wish List. November 30.
- Andrews, A. 2013. Enjoy Healthful Microgreens Grown Year-Round. September 21.
- Andrews, A. 2013. Activities for All at Field Day. September 7.
- Andrews, A. 2013. Using Edibles for Landscape Accents. August 26.
- Andrews, A. 2011. New Gardening and Landscaping Classes for a New Year. January 8.